Rochester Churches Wayne County
St. Mary of the Lake


Location: Wayne County, Ontario
Address: 5823 Walworth Rd. Map
Parish formed: 1869 [mission], 1915 [parish]
Present church built:
Present affiliation: Part of the St. Maximilian Kolbe parish, which is clusterd with St. Katherine Drexel
Web site:


  • Fr. P. C. McGrath, 1869-1877 [Holy Trinity Pastor]
  • Fr. Aloysius Weissteiner, 1877-1879
  • Fr. Joseph Netzel, 1879-1887
  • Fr. C. Ulrich, 1887-1893
  • Fr. Joseph Maguin, 1893-1899
  • Fr. Joseph Miller, 1899-1915
  • Msgr. Michael Krieg, 1915-1917 [First resident Pastor]
  • Msgr. William Byrne, Sep. 27, 1917-1925
  • Fr. Thomas W. Lochren, 1925-1951
  • Fr. Ignatius X. Cameron, 1951-July 2, 1956
  • Fr. James F. O'Connell, July 2, 1956-1959
  • Fr. John J. Maloney, 1959-1960
  • Fr. William F. Gaynor, 1960-Jan. 1970
  • Fr. Charles J. Langworthy, Jan. 1970-Oct. 1974 [upon retirement]
  • Msgr. Gerard Gefell, Oct. 30, 1974-June 23, 1976
  • Msgr. John E. Maney, June 23, 1976-June 1985 [upon retirement]
  • Fr. Robert Kreckel, June 1985-2003 [upon retirement]
  • Fr. Mark A. Miller, -June 30, 1992 [Temporary administrator, sabbatical]
  • Sr. Doreen Glynn CSJ, 2003-June 26, 2007 [Administrator]
  • Fr. Symon Peter Ntaiyia, June 26, 2007-present


Coming soon...

Exterior Photographs

Outdoor Stations of the Cross

Former Church
Interior Photographs

Stations of the Cross

Stained Glass
Historical Photographs


© 2008-2020 Rochester Churches. All photographs on this site listed under "External" or "Internal" photographs are property of Rochester Churches. Historical images are the property of their respective owners. This site is an independent venture not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Rochester Churches is not for profit. The purpose of this site is to create an online catalogue of Rochester Catholic churches, past and present.