St. William was founded by Fr. Donohue of nearby St. Catherine of Siena parish in Addison. Fr. Donohue began
offering Mass in a local schoolhouse by the Spring of 1885. In January 1886, land was deeded to Diocese of
Buffalo's Bishop Ryan to build a church for the people of Cameron Mills. The church was built quickly, and opened
for Mass about a month later on February 18th. The church was used until 1903 when it was sold for $200.