St. Simon was established in 1881 to serve Catholic farmers
who settled on the western hill outside the village of Springwater. Fr. Simon Fitzsimon,
then pastor of the former St. Patrick's in Dansville, had a small church constructed next to the railroad tracks.
The church would become a mission of St. Michael in Livonia (1894) and later St. Joseph in
Wayland (1898). St. Simon was closed and sold in 1905, and was used for some time to store grain
before eventually being demolished.