St. Patrick's church in McLean was built at a cost of $1,000 in 1851, and
served as a mission of Immaculate Conception of Ithaca and, since 1873, of St. Anthony in Groton.
The land upon which the church was constructed was donated by Michael O'Byrne, who also
helped with laying the foundation. The community was never large, having roughly 200 parishioners at its peak.
In 1915, St. Patrick underwent renovations which involved lowering the ceiling and adding stained
glass windows to the structure. The floor of the church collapsed during the 1950 Easter season, but
was quickly repaired thanks to assistance from the Cortland Knights of Columbus. Eventually it was
decided that this small mission and its aging building were no longer necessary. St. Patrick's was amalgmated into
Holy Cross, Dryden in 1962. The church building still exists as a private residence.