Rochester Churches Chemung County
St. Mary

Biography

Location: Chemung County, Dutch Hill
Address:
Parish formed: 1878
Present church built: 1878
Present affiliation: Closed
Date closed: 1906
Web site: n/a

Pastors/Rectors/Administrators

  • Fr. A. Geisehoff, 1878-Dec. 1891
  • Fr. Trautlein, 1891-Jan. 1903
  • Fr. John B. Stemmler, Jan. 1903-1905

History

St. Mary's was established in a former schoolhouse at Dutch Hill, a small village west of Elmira, in 1878 to serve German farmers. The church was a mission of St. John the Baptist in Elmira until closing in 1905.



Home

© 2008-2017 Rochester Churches. All photographs on this site listed under "External" or "Internal" photographs are property of Rochester Churches. Historical images are the property of their respective owners. This site is an independent venture not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Rochester Churches is not for profit. The purpose of this site is to create an online catalogue of Rochester Catholic churches, past and present.



Created by: James J. Sarkis