St. Edward was established as a mission chapel of St. Mary, Auburn in 1905. It was originally to be dedicated
in November 1904, but this was delayed until July 1905 because the chapel wasn't completed. The chapel was utilized until 1918 when
the property was sold to the Franciscan Conventual Sisters of Syracuse. Demolition eventually took place, and Auburn's Mercy Hospital
was constructed on the site of the former church.