Rochester Churches Chemung County
St. Charles

Biography

Location: Chemung County, Elmira Heights
Address: 130 Oakwood Ave. Map
Parish formed: 1895 [mission], Jan. 1935 [parish]
Present church built: 1959
Present affiliation: Part of the Christ the Redeemer parish, which is part of the Elmira Cluster. Masses not regularly offered except first Fridays and first Saturdays.
Web site: http://elmiracatholic.org/

Pastors/Rectors/Administrators

  • Fr. William T. Dunn, 1885-1901 [Pastor of St. Mary, Horseheads]
  • Fr. James J. Gibbons, 1901-1903
  • Fr. Michael C. Wall, 1903-1909
  • Fr. James Winters, 1909-1917
  • Fr. John G. Killeen, 1917-1930
  • Fr. Michael B. Groden, 1930-Jan. 1935
  • Fr. Thomas J. Toole, Jan. 1935-Jan. 1944 [First resident Pastor]
  • Fr. William M. Cannan, Jan. 1944-Jan. 1949
  • Fr. Daniel R. Sullivan, Jan. 1949-June 12, 1954 [upon death]
  • Fr. Joseph G. Merkel, 1954-Sep. 21, 1969 [upon death]
  • Fr. Joseph T. Gaynor, Oct. 8, 1969-June 27, 1989 [upon retirement]
  • Fr. Richard J. Beligotti, June 27, 1989-June 28, 1994
  • Fr. Christopher E. Linsler, June 28, 1994-June 25, 2002
  • Fr. Eugene Dobosz, June 25, 2002-June 27, 2006
  • Fr. Jeremiah Moynihan, June 27, 2006-June 26, 2010 [upon retirement]
  • Fr. Scott M. Kubinski, June 26, 2010-present

History

Coming soon...

Exterior Photographs
Interior Photographs

Stations of the Cross

Stained Glass
Historical Photographs
Map
www.mapembed.com

Home

© 2008-2017 Rochester Churches. All photographs on this site listed under "External" or "Internal" photographs are property of Rochester Churches. Historical images are the property of their respective owners. This site is an independent venture not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Rochester Churches is not for profit. The purpose of this site is to create an online catalogue of Rochester Catholic churches, past and present.



Created by: James J. Sarkis