Top

Rochester Churches Wayne County
St. Anne

Biography

Location: Wayne County, Lummisville
Address: Unknown
Parish formed: Apr. 20, 1869
Present church built: n/a
Present affiliation: Closed
Date closed: 1874
Web site: n/a

Pastors/Rectors/Administrators

  • Fr. John P. Stewart, Apr. 20, 1869-1871 [Pastor of St. John, Clyde]
  • Fr. Peter W. O'Connell, May 1871-1874

History

The mission of St. Ann was established in 1869 to serve a small community located within the town of Huron (located between Sodus and Wolcott). Priests from St. John's in Clyde would offer Masses for the people in Lummisville in a local hall. No church was ever constructed, and the mission was discontinued in 1874.



Home

© 2008-2018 Rochester Churches. All photographs on this site listed under "External" or "Internal" photographs are property of Rochester Churches. Historical images are the property of their respective owners. This site is an independent venture not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Rochester Churches is not for profit. The purpose of this site is to create an online catalogue of Rochester Catholic churches, past and present.



Created by: James J. Sarkis