Rochester Churches Chemung County
Monastery of Mary the Queen

Biography

Location: Chemung County, Elmira
Address: 1310 W. Church St. Map
Date Formed: Aug. 16, 1944
Present chapel built: 1965
Date relocated to Illinois: Sep. 2, 2014
Web site: http://www.nydominicannuns.org/

Chaplains

  • Msgr. Gerald C. Lambert, 1944-Aug. 1945
  • Fr. J. Edmund O'Brien, Aug. 1945-Jan. 23, 1953 [upon death]
  • Michael L. Hynes, Feb. 1953-Apr. 23, 1961 [upon death]
  • Fr. William E. Hayes, June 27, 1961-1967
  • Fr. C. Irwin Sullivan, 1967-June 1973 [upon retirement]
  • Msgr. Leo G. Schwab, 1973-1984 [upon death]
  • Msgr. John S. Hayes, Aug. 1, 1984-1990>
  • ..

History

Coming soon...

Exterior Photographs
Historical Photographs
Map
wptiger.com

Home

© 2008-2017 Rochester Churches. All photographs on this site listed under "External" or "Internal" photographs are property of Rochester Churches. Historical images are the property of their respective owners. This site is an independent venture not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Rochester Churches is not for profit. The purpose of this site is to create an online catalogue of Rochester Catholic churches, past and present.



Created by: James J. Sarkis